Thursday 15 May 2014

Fun Smoothie Ideas for Kids


Healthy, homemade smoothies are the fastest way to feed your children with the recommended five daily servings of fruits and vegetables.

It's sometimes hard getting your children to eat their fruits and vegetable but we all know that kids love ice cream or anything solid and sweet so why not incorporate some desserts into your kids smoothies.

The other day my friend dropped my 5 year old Godson round and asked me to babysit. After a long day of games and running around we were worn out.I asked my Godson if he would like a smoothie and he asked " What's a smoothie"? Is it ice cream? I thought Oh boy how do I explain this to a 5 year old without putting him off fruits and vegetables for life what a smoothie is!

I replied not quite but it's your favourite fruits and vegetables blended together to taste like ice cream. He frowned and said "I don't like broccoli,sprouts or raspberries" they're bitter but I like grapes and strawberries ...so I thought hmm how do I convince my 5 year old Godson to have a smoothie filled with one of the fruits he doesn't like?

I looked in the cupboard and found these three flavours of the "Angel delight whip up with fresh milk dessert mix"  which I had used not long ago to entertain my friends kids and had an idea.



  • Angel Delight :Strawberry Flavour
  • Angel Delight :Butterscoth Flavour
  • Angel Delight :Chocolate Flavour

These flavours can be whipped up with fresh milk as it says on the pack to make a fluffy dessert for kids and there's no need to add sugar.

I decided to add the strawberry flavour to a  blender with frozen strawberries, cherries, banana and that raspberry that he mentioned that he didn't like to make him a smoothie.


Ingredients
  • 4 frozen strawberries
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 -2 cups of milk
  • 6 frozen cherries
  • handful of frozen raspberries
  • 1-2 tablespoons of the Angel delight strawberry flavour

Instructions
  • Cut the strawberries, bananas ,cherries, raspberries and pop into the blender
  • Add mik then top it up by adding  two spoons of the strawberry flavour delight
  • Blend until smooth
  • Pour into glass cup 
  • Serve cold 




Verdict

My Godson loved it and scooped it with a spoon saying it tasted like ice- cream, he even asked if he could have the angel delight strawberry flavour to take home with him. RESULT!!


Give it a try, the kids will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List