Tuesday 20 May 2014

Banana and Coconut Smoothie


Hello Smoothie Lovers,

I hope you're all well.

It's been a busy couple of days for me but I'm back with a new smoothie recipe for you.

On my way home from the office today I walked pass the mini fruit stall today  and I saw coconuts and thought oh wow I haven't had one of these in ages. As usual I bought two for £1.. bargain eh?

Whilst breaking the coconut I remembered why I hadn't bothered buying a coconut all this while. Breaking a coconut can be such a tedious task Grrrr!! and not to talk of taking out the white meat out of the shell. The white meat is  known as the "Endosperm" ....what a peculiar name for the internal part of a coconut ha ha !!


Coconut Shell and Endosperm

Read more about Endospem : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endosperm

Coconuts are high in fiber and has many vitamins and minerals.It is classified as a
 " functional food" because it provides benefits beyond mere nutrition. Read more about Health benefits of coconuts httwww.symptomfind.com/nutrition-supplements/health-benefits-of-coconuts/


Ingredients
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
  • few pieces of the white meat
  • ice cubes
  • chocolate dust(optional)



    Banana,Coconut, Honey and Milk

    Instructions
    • place the white meat in the blender, add the bananas, ice cubes, milk and honey
    • blend until smooth
    • pour into glass cup and serve cold 
    Banana and Coconut Smoothie

    Enjoy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Blog List