Monday 26 May 2014

Green Smoothie Breakfast With Spirulina Powder


Happy Monday Folks!!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

It's our spring bank holiday in the United Kingdom today and our fellow Americans are celebrating Memorial day.

I am currently sat at my desk typing away and as I look at the window all I can see and hear is rain! rain! rain! ....Yes I have started talking about the weather again but us Brits are known for talking about the weather. Can you blame us? We rarely get any sunshine and when we do we go nuts!!

The weather chat is the ultimate ice breaker for us when in public.

At the bus-stop you'll hear lovely day today isn't?
On the train if you're on a friendly train, you'll hear blimey it's freezing isn't ha ha!

So here's my rant to you....the weather is awful today, it's raining cats and dogs! Grrrrr!!!!.... 

I did some powder, nuts and seeds shopping at the weekend and got a nice bulk in. I have started added nuts to my smoothies to give me that energy and boost. I'll talk about my purchases in another blog.

Breakfast today is a green smoothie with Spirulina powder, I call it the "green eyed monster" because it's so green and smells a bit fishy in my opinion but with some good benefits.



Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon of Spirulina powder
  • 2 frozen bananas
  • handful of kale
  • water
  • dried fruits and linseed 
  • ice cube (optional)

Instructions
  • place washed kale, frozen bananas in blender, add Spirulina powder, water and blend till smooth
  • pour in breakfast bowl
  • serve cold
  • add seeds or dried fruits

Kale, Water, Spirulina powder and dried fruits


Have a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List