Monday 12 May 2014

Green Smoothie for Breakfast

I love green smoothies!! If you have never tried a green smoothie I would encourage you to give it a try and start with basic green fruits like kiwis, green grapes and spinach or kale.

My very first green smoothie was really small as I wasn't sure of how it would taste and ever since then, green smoothies have become my go to smoothies every morning.

In one of my previous blogs I talked about 10 benefits of green smoothies and one of them was that green smoothies offer pure nutrition to the body and is also a really good detox for the body packed with lots of nutrients and minerals.

If you are a Green smoothie virgin start your smoothie with the following fruits: Spinach or kale, water, mango and bananas. I am not a fan of ice so I always freeze my fruit as it gives  the smoothie a delicious rich cool taste so I always say "ditch the ice and freeze your fruit".

I always blend the spinach or kale first, then add the other fruits afterwards and voila I have my rich looking green smoothie.

Green Smoothie Recipe
  • handful of spinach or kale
  • 2 frozen bananas
  • 2 frozen Kiwis
  • 2 cups of water
  • Frozen green grapes


A mix of Kale,Green grapes, Bananas and Kiwi
Instructions
  • Put the frozen spinach/kale into the blender, add some water and blend until all the leaves are gone and you can see the rich green texture
  • Add the banana, green grapes, kiwis and blend thoroughly
  • Pour into your class cup
  • Garnish with seeds (Chia or Flaxseeds) or fruits



Rich green texture of Green Smoothie

Bursting with green flavours with Grapes and Kiwis to garnish


Cheers!

Enjoy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List